Spend J-Term 2014 in Africa (Namibia)
There are still spaces left for Prof. Peter Dennee’s J-Term study tour to Namibia (just north of South Africa on the Atlantic coast) in January 2014.
The study tour includes:
- Two full weeks in Namibia. For the majority of the trip, students and faculty will be camping.
- Visits to several tribes including the Bushmen, Ovambo, Himba, and Damara tribes
- Service learning project at the Oonte Center for Orphans and Vulnerable Children
- Two nights in the Etosha National Wildlife Refuge, where you may see elephants, rhinoceros, zebras, giraffes, and many other animals native to Etosha
- Visit to Cape Cross Seal Colony to see thousands of seals
- Two nights in Swakupmund, the resort town of Namibia on the Atlantic Coast. You could choose to go sand boarding, take an ATV into the desert, or spend time exploring the city and beaches.
Many more things are planned.
The cost of the trip is $3,500 and includes roundtrip airfare, all ground transportation in Namibia, and most meals.
An informational meeting will be held in JAC 205 on Wednesday, September 18, at 8:30 p.m. This meeting is for both those who have already registered as well as though who are interested in joining the Namibia 2014 J-term experience.
Contact Prof. Dennee at email@example.com, or 262-551-2159.