Rick handles the acquisition of print and electronic library resources, cataloging, and oversees the functionality of the electronic databases, including maintaining the knowledge-base and library catalog.
- Master Degree Library and Information Science - UWM
- Bachelor Degree History - UWM
- Member, American Library Association
- Member, Association of College and Research Libraries
Main responsibilities at Carthage
- Acquisitions: Reviews all acquisition requests. Acquires all resources according to the policies and procedures of the collection development policy. Maintains subscriptions to resources. Monitors payment of invoices in OnBase.
- Cataloging: Oversees the cataloging of all resources according to Library of Congress standards. Oversees the creation of bibliographic records for Reserve items. Supervises the physical processing of library materials.
- Collection Management: Oversees the weeding and disposition of all print resources in the library collection. Evaluates donations. Evaluates existing and new resources.
- Electronic Resources: Troubleshoot the functionality of electronic databases. Serves as administrative contact with database vendors. Resolves any proxy issues. Maintains and updates discovery service.
- Integrated Library System: Serves as primary contact for ILS. Facilitates information to library staff users regarding updates. Maintains knowledge-base of electronic resources. Maintains bibliographic records and links in the system. Troubleshoot functionality of system. Creates staff user permissions.
- Preservation: Selects print resources for preservation binding.
- Serials: Supervises serials check-in, claiming, bindery, and subscriptions.
- User assistance: Directly answers user technical questions.