Daron joined the Office of Communications in July 2018 after spending the last several years as a marketing representative at Costco Wholesale. He holds a bachelor’s degree in business management and leadership from Wisconsin Lutheran College and an MBA with an emphasis in marketing from Concordia University.
During his time at Costco, he was responsible for driving and increasing membership numbers and warehouse sales. He opened a number of new stores and trained new marketing staff.
Prior to his time at Costco, he served as the operations manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites, where he assisted the oversight of the hotel. He also managed the social media accounts for Fairfield Inn and Suites and helped bring greater awareness about the hotel to the surrounding area.
Before moving into the for-profit world, Daron served as dean of student services at HOPE Christian High School, where he developed and implemented guidance curricula. While in this role, he achieved 100 percent college acceptance rates for seniors for three consecutive years. The school named him the “Team Player of the Year” in recognition of his work.
During this time, he also served on the Diversity, Equity, and Access Committee for the Wisconsin Association of College Admissions Counseling.
Daron was born and raised in Milwaukee and currently resides there.
- B.S. – Business management and leadership, Wisconsin Lutheran College
- MBA – Emphasis in marketing, Concordia University
Main responsibilities at Carthage
- Writes creative briefs, sets and maintains production schedules, conducts research, identifies photography, and collects supporting assets for creating digital and print recruitment marketing materials, including advertising.
- Works with the Creative Director and his or her design team on design concepts, as well as with the Associate Vice President and his or her editorial team on content development.
- Leverages the project management system to create and maintain projects, schedule tasks, and ensure that projects stay on deadline and on budget.
Daron is a fan of all sports, and loves football in particular. He coached high school football and played Division III football for Wisconsin Lutheran College. Currently, he regularly plays basketball, golf, and enjoys running.