Describe your company culture.
We are a family-owned and operated company with a strong, close-knit culture and ethical approach to business. We appreciate and value our loyal employees, which includes recent hires, several people that have been with us for 3-10 years, and some senior management and associates that have been with us for over 40 years. This combination of new energy and ideas, coupled with our experienced core, creates a stable, yet dynamic, environment. Our environment is fast-paced, with a lot of energy and creativity channeled towards our efforts at short and long-term growth.
When you are looking for new employees, what do you search for?
- A friendly, outgoing, professional personality
- Creativity and curiosity
- The drive to be responsive and follow-up quickly
- Organization skills and an attention to detail
- The ability to communicate with diplomacy and to exercise good judgment when making decisions on behalf of the company
- The ability and willingness to learn basic technical information about various products.
What does a typical hiring process look like for your organization?
- Choose source of recruit
- Review resume w/current job description (meets qualifications)
- Telephone interview
- Email application & Pre Employment Authorization Release Form
- In person interview(s)
- Pre-hire Offer (r contingent upon pre-hire process)
What tips do have for students and alumni who are looking to enter your industry?
Stay open-minded and ready to learn. Selling and supporting products used in the business-to-business, manufacturing industry is not as “flashy” as other careers & industries. It does, however, offer relative stability, upward mobility and an opportunity for a long-term, lucrative career for those willing to dedicate the time and effort to learn about various products, processes, and industries.