Steve is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Carthage College website, in addition to various ancillary websites associated with the college. He also develops software that allows the College community to interact with its database systems, while at the same time creating the user interfaces that provide an elegant user experience for the community at large. Lastly, Steve provide Linux support for our various servers in terms of administration, maintenance, and security.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Science and Technology from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Working toward Master of Science degree in Information Science and Technology from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Certificate in Health Care Informatics
Main responsibilities at Carthage
- Designs, implements, and maintains web-based integrations between various systems and data sources.
- Promotes and supports the use of the portal component of the ERP system throughout the College.
- Works with members of the faculty and staff to understand and address their information technology needs through designing and building user interfaces.
- Designs various Python scripts the connect College information to external partners and service providers (e.g. Everbridge, OCLC, Terradotta, OrgSync, Schoology, Barnes and Noble, and Maxient.
- Troubleshoots, debugs, and implements software code.
- Reviews and manages web and ERP support ticket queues.
- Prepares and maintains detailed documentation for applications and infrastructure.
- Performs other duties as assigned