Anna started at Carthage as an adjunct professor of Intellectual Foundations in 2021. In 2022, she joined The Aspire Center as the career specialist for exploratory and undeclared students and academic advisor; she works with undeclared students and students exploring new or different majors and serves as their academic advisor.
A Kenosha native, she completed her graduate work in the U.K., focusing on Shakespeare and his contemporary playwrights. While in England, Anna worked in marketing and recruitment for the University of Kent’s Center for Medieval and Early Modern Studies, and the education department of the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- B.A. — English, Coe College
- M.A. — Shakespeare Studies, the University of Birmingham (U.K.)
- Ph.D. — Medieval and Early Modern Studies, the University of Kent (U.K.)
- Associate Fellow — Advance HE (UK), May 2019
Main responsibilities at Carthage
- Serve as the academic advisor for undecided students.
- Advise students on a full range of career development tasks in The Aspire Center.
- Facilitate student engagement with their My Aspire Plan (MAP) through coordination of events, presentations and site visits, etc.
“Ask me about my kitten! She’s a photogenic troublemaker and I’m always happy to share pictures or stories about her latest antics. I’m also a huge baseball fan (go Cubs) and love to cook.”