Announcement of Opportunity
|Two-year Institutions||All Institutions|
|Applications Open:||September 1, 2022||December 9, 2022|
|Application Deadline:||October 24, 2022||March 6, 2023|
|Award Announcement Week:||November 18, 2022||April 28, 2023|
Two-Year Academic Institutions: Up to $2,000* award for Spring 2023 semester.
All-Academic Institutions: Up to $2,000* award for Fall 2023 semester.
*Subject to availability of funds.
Scholarships to support outstanding undergraduate students pursuing aerospace, space science, or other interdisciplinary space-related studies.
- Register on the WSGC website (https://spacegrant.carthage.edu/forms/account/login). Applicants will be prompted to update personal information annually.
- Upload current resume to applicant profile (optional). Applicants must check box in order to allow WSGC to share the applicant resume with Wisconsin Aerospace Industry partners for co-op, internship, and employment opportunities.
- Sign in and submit the Grant Application Form (applicants may apply to multiple funding programs) and supporting documents.
Applicants who meet the following requirements can apply for this scholarship by registering and applying online at spacegrant.carthage.edu/about/login:
- U.S. citizen
- WI resident during the academic year
- Enrolled full-time in, admitted to, or applied to any undergraduate program at a WSGC college or university
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Proposals that include a GPA of less than 3.0 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- Completed application online (see Supporting Materials Required with Application below)
The Consortium invites high school seniors and undergraduate students to apply to the Undergraduate Scholarship funding program. The Consortium especially encourages applications from members of minority groups, women, and persons with disabilities, and from those pursuing interdisciplinary aerospace studies in, but not limited to, engineering, the sciences, architecture, law, business, nursing, and medicine. Award winners will be chosen based on academic performance, aerospace-related promise, and the demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in STEM/aerospace. For consideration, the application form must be complete and accompanied by supporting documentation.
Supporting Materials Required with Application:
- A maximum two-page statement containing the following (See Tools & Tips for more information on how to create professional communications):
- A clear, concise account of the reasons for seeking this scholarship.
- Evidence of previous interest and experience in space, aerospace, or space-related studies.
- A description of the present interest in the space field.
- A description of the program of space-related studies the applicant plans to pursue during this award period.
- Copy of the applicant’s high school transcript (incoming freshmen only)
- Copy of most recent college transcript (unofficial is acceptable/not required for incoming freshmen)
*NOTE: Students also applying for other scholarship/fellowship funding programs should submit a statement distinguishing the Undergraduate Scholarship application from other scholarship/fellowship applications. Primary consideration for Undergraduate Scholarship awardees is given to first-time applicants.
Award Acceptance Components:
As part of the award acceptance, awardees will be asked to attend the Annual Wisconsin Space Conference in August 2023 and submit the following documents on the WSGC application website under Program Applications/Your Applications:
- Award Agreement Letter
- Media Release Form
- One-Paragraph Biography
- Professional Photo
- Summary Report
- 2-3 Project Photos featuring awardee
- Student Story
Please direct questions about the Undergraduate Scholarship Program to:
Lindsay McHenry, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Scholarships and Fellowships
Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium
Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium
2001 Alford Park Drive, Kenosha, WI 53140