Higher Education Incentives
Announcement of Opportunity
Applications Open: October 25, 2021
Submission Deadline: December 10, 2021
Award Announcements: February 18, 2022
Multi-institutional Awards**: up to $15,000
Major Awards: up to $10,000
Minor Awards: up to $5,000
*Based on availability of funds.
**Projects demonstrating collaboration between two- and four-year campuses or multiple four-year campuses will be eligible for the multi-institutional award.
The Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium invites proposals for value-added, higher education teaching/training projects related to any space or aerospace discipline. This is a seed-grant program for faculty implemented undergraduate education projects which support the most innovative ideas on how to increase the space and aerospace content of undergraduate university and college offerings.
- Register on the WSGC website (https://spacegrant.carthage.edu/forms/account/login). Returning applicants will be prompted to update registration information annually.
- Sign in and submit the Grant Application Form (applicants may apply to multiple funding programs) and supporting documents.
- WSGC affiliate member universities or colleges are eligible. Industry, nonprofit associations, and nonmembers can propose programs and work jointly with one of our academic members, providing the educational activity occurs at a member campus (e.g., visiting lectureship, an extension course, nonprofit group offering).
- Students funded through this grant must be U.S. Citizens.
- Affiliate member institutions must have affiliate award agreement documents on file with the WSGC Program Office.
- Higher Education Incentives must align with at least one of NASA’s Mission Directorates: Aeronautics Research, Human Exploration and Operations, Science, and/or Space Technology.
- The Consortium especially encourages applications from women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
- Minimum 1:1 match
Supporting Materials Required with Application:
Submit a proposal addressing each of the seven elements listed below. Be sure to clearly identify each element within the proposal. The proposal should not exceed 15 pages, including figures (see the Announcement of Opportunity for specific details):
- Proposed Activities
- Evaluation Plan
- Budget/Use of Funds: Grant Proposal Budget Template Form
- CV/Personnel* This grant only allows one Principal Investigator to be listed on the application.
Award Acceptance Components:
As part of the award acceptance, awardees will be asked to attend the Annual Wisconsin Space Conference as outlined in the award agreement and submit the following documents on the WSGC application website under Manage Applications/Current Grant Cycle Applications:
- Award Agreement Letter
- Institution W9
- Media Release Form
- One-Paragraph Biography
- PI Professional Photo
- Quarterly Invoices/Cost-Share Report with Supporting Documentation
- Office of Education Survey must be completed by December 15, 2022
- Interim Report (if period of performance is greater than 6 months)
- Summary/Final Report (due 30 days after the project end date)
- Present project at the Annual Wisconsin Space Conference
- 2-3 project photos featuring faculty/students/program participants
- Alumni Story
Please direct questions about the Higher Education Incentives Program to:
Katherine Rabidoux, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Higher Education
Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium
Assistant Professor, Department of Engineering Physics, University of Wisconsin-Platteville
Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium
2001 Alford Park Drive
Kenosha, WI 53140