- Adjunct Faculty, Education
John Berrbower is an adjunct faculty member within Carthage’s Master of Education Program and teaches Advanced Techniques in Coaching Psychology, Leadership In Sport, and Sports Leadership in Education Internship. He is a regular presenter on topics related to physical education, technology, and leadership.
Mr. Beerbower currently serves as the director of strength and conditioning for McHenry District 156, as well as the assistant divisional chair for physical education, health, and driver’s education.
McHenry was recently honored as a top physical education program in the state of Illinois. The McHenry Strength program consists of 26 sections (approximately 815 student-athletes) enrolled during the school day, as well as multiple off-season sport-specific training groups after school.
Mr. Beerbower has a doctorate degree from Concordia University, a master’s degree from Eastern Illinois University, and a graduate certificate from Moody Bible Institute. His recognitions include being named Illinois Teacher of the Year from multiple organizations, the 2019 Illinois Coach of the Year from the National High School Strength Coaches Association, and the 2022 Strong Leader of the Year Award from the Illinois High School Powerlifting Association.
He and his wife, Jeanna, have four children (Riley, Brett, Trace, and Brady).
- Doctorate of Education (Ed.D) in Educational Leadership — May 2013 Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Illinois
- Certification: Superintendent Endorsement
- Dissertation Title: Community Relations between a Public High School District and Faith Based Organizations
- Masters of Science in Education (Educational Administration) — December 2002 Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois
- Certification: Type 75 / General Administrative
- Bachelor of Science (Physical Education) — December 2001 Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois (Magna Cum Laude)
- Certification: Initial Special Teaching: Physical Education (K-12); Initial Secondary Teaching: Health Education & General Science
- Graduate Certificate — July 2007 Moody Bible Institute – Graduate School, Chicago, Illinois
- EDU 5050 Leadership In Sport
- EDU 5070: Advanced Techniques in Coaching Psychology
- EDU 5530: Sports Leadership in Education Internship
- Educational Leadership
- Community Relations
- Social-Emotional Learner
- Physical Education
- Educational Administration
- Health and Wellness
- Exercise Science