Lisa’s role combines aspects of portfolio, program, and project management. She manages new project requests and provides the College’s executive staff with the key information needed to prioritize technology initiatives across campus. She leads large, complex programs and projects which often involve numerous departments and stakeholders. Lisa works closely with my LIS colleagues to develop a project management methodology that’s right-sized for our organization.
- Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) / August 2017 / Project Management Institute
- Education: University of Wisconsin – Madison / Bachelor of Arts, May 2010 / Major: English
Main responsibilities at Carthage
- Plans, executes, and delivers projects defining the project charter, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success.
- Mentors project teams in requirements elicitation and ensuring requirements are captured accurately and completely as well as creates and maintains project documentation.
- Leads development of project management processes, tools, and templates in order to create a right-sized project management discipline for Carthage.
- Manages portfolio intake, estimation, and prioritization.
- Leads monthly IT Governance Committee and portfolio reporting for executive-level staff.
- Facilitates day-to-day coordination, including work activities, progress tracking, and issue log management, while adhering to standards and sponsor expectations.
- Works with a cross-functional team, contractors, and vendors to deliver critical projects.
- Acts as the link between the assigned project resources and key stakeholders. Develops project estimates and plans to manage the end-to-end project execution.
- Ensures project closure including completion of lessons learned and required documentation.
- Develops robust project risk management plans to ensure timely delivery, testing and commissioning of all projects with no impact to business continuity.