- Assistant Professor of Nursing
Rachel Martinez has been a registered nurse since 2002. She worked as a floor nurse at a hospital in Ohio for 14 years, and for 12 of those years, she worked in a postpartum unit, mainly in the well-baby nursery. She then worked in a special care nursery for two years. Professor Martinez has experience working in a pediatric unit, a psychiatric unit, and hospice. During those 14 years, she taught birthing classes, newborn classes, and sibling classes.
In 2015, she was hired as a clinical instructor at Rhodes State College in Ohio for OB nursing students and second-year LPN students.
In late 2016, she moved to Illinois and began working in substance abuse, gaining experience working at two different inpatient drug and alcohol inpatient treatment facilities. This is a newfound passion.
Prof. Martinez is a member of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA).
- Associate, Nursing (ADN), Rhodes State College
- B.S., Nursing (BSN), Ohio University
- M.S., Nursing with an emphasis in Nursing Education (MSN), Grand Canyon University
- NSG 3020 Nursing Practice III: Improving Mental Health Outcomes