Heather Zima ’18
Heather Zima ’18 joined the Office of Advancement in November 2021. In her role as the director of annual giving and donor relations, she is responsible for overseeing the annual giving program and maximizing results in sustainable financial support for Carthage College through broad-based fundraising initiatives.
Heather received her bachelor’s degree in English and communication from Carthage College in 2018 and moved to Illinois after graduation. She began her career working in the logistics industry.
In 2020, she pivoted her career and accepted a position working in administrative human resources while working on her certificate in HR from Cornell University. Upon completing her certificate in 2021, Heather made the move back to Kenosha to join the Carthage team.
Originally from the Chicago suburbs, Heather enjoys living in downtown Kenosha with her fiancé, Brian, and golden retriever, Winston.
- B.A., English and communication — Carthage College
- Human Resources Certificate — Cornell University
Main responsibilities at Carthage
- Plan and execute a year-long fundraising plan, primarily focusing on print and digital solicitations geared towards renewing annual donors and new donor acquisition.
- Lead the annual Giving Tuesday and Red & Ready Giving Days — cross-campus, one-day giving challenge including solicitation strategy, alumni and campus events, and follow-up.
- Manage the planning, logistics, and execution of crowdfunding efforts across all departments and divisions of Carthage.