As the transfer coordinator, Brandi oversees everything transfer related for our students at Carthage. She completes transfer credit evaluations for incoming students, assists current students with finding transferable courses off-campus they can complete over the summer, and works to build Carthage’s academic partnerships.
For the last 11 years, Brandi has worked in higher education. She’s spent the past three years working with the Institutional Advancement Department at the Medical College of Wisconsin as an administrative coordinator and financial specialist. She managed a multi-million dollar foundation, assisting with the distribution of donations for research grants along with managing the everyday technological/hiring and budget needs of the department.
Prior to that, Brandi worked for eight years at UW-Parkside supporting the English, music, and theatre departments to varying degrees in enhancing the learning environment for students there.
Working at Parkside was the beginning of her passion for higher education. Brandi enjoys helping students find their way to a better life through education and expansion of their world.
- B.A. — English with a writing concentration
- Certified Massage Therapist
Main responsibilities at Carthage
- Perform transfer evaluations for incoming and current students.
- Provide advising assistance to transferring students.
- General registrar assistance with transcripts, diplomas, and other course information.
- Expand and strengthen academic partnerships to enhance Carthage students’ learning experience.
Favorite thing about working at Carthage
“My favorite thing about being at Carthage is experiencing the developing personalities of students and looking at the lake.”
“I enjoy hula hooping and spinning fire poi. I bake a lot and read (i.e. listen to audiobooks) constantly. I binge a lot of Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/etc.”