- Carthage College
Professor Colleen O’Brien joined Carthage in 2009 after having served as an adjunct faculty member at Carthage and the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. Prof. O’Brien’s career includes more than 22 years in corporate finance with SC Johnson and IIT Research Institute (Chicago). She has extensive experience in process improvement, strategic planning, and team leadership/management.
A Wisconsin native, she is a summa cum laude 1986 graduate of St. Norbert College, with a degree in finance and economics. She earned her M.B.A. with concentrations in finance and marketing from the University of Chicago. She is currently earning her Doctorate in Business Administration – Management at UW-Whitewater. Her research interests include emotional intelligence, personality, work behaviors and teamwork.
Prof. O’Brien is currently a Board member and Advisor for Velocity Consulting, the first student-run, full service consulting agency in the country. She is also the advisor for Delta Upsilon Fraternity.
Professor Colleen O’Brien teaches courses in management and business and technology. She has more than 22 years of experience in corporate finance at SC Johnson and IIT Research Institute (Chicago). She has extensive experience in process improvement, strategic planning, and team leadership/management.
Assistant Professor of Management and Marketing
- D.B.A. — Management, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (December 18)
- M.B.A. — Finance, with a concentration in Marketing, University of Chicago
- B.A. — Summa Cum Laude, Finance and Economics, St. Norbert College
- MGT 1110 Introduction to Business and Technology
- MGT 3120 Principles of Management
- MGT 3710 International Management
- FIN 3210 Financial Management
- BUS 4900 Senior Seminar
- GNR 6750 Small Business Fundamentals