Danielle Geary ’00
Professor Danielle Geary graduated from Carthage in 2000 with a bachelor’s degree in social work. She earned a Master of Social Work in public child welfare from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2001. Her work experience in public child welfare includes working with Rock County Division of Children and Family Services, the Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare and Kenosha County DCFS.
With nine years of direct practice in public child welfare, and five years of adjunct lecturing for Carthage, Prof. Geary joined the Carthage faculty as an assistant professor in 2009. She is a student at Marquette University, pursuing her Ph.D. in Educational Policy and Leadership. Her research interests include accessibility of higher education for students of color, white privilege and its impact on higher education, women’s leadership in higher education, and transformative leadership.
- Ph.D. — Educational Policy and Leadership, Marquette University, Present
- M.S.W. — Social Work, Public Child Welfare, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2001
- B.S. — Social Work, Carthage College, 2000
- SWK 1300 Introduction to Social Justice and Social Welfare
- SWK/SOC/WMG 2210 Family Violence
- SWK/SOC/WMG 2800 Decoding Disney
- SWK 3000 Social Welfare Research
- SWK 3100 Social Welfare Policy Analysis
- WMG 4200 The Gendering of Leadership
- WMG 3250 Advanced Feminist Theory-Womanism
Her research interests include women’s leadership in higher education, women’s sexual liberation in the era of #metoo, critical theory, and transformative feminist pedagogy.