Julie Maher, DNP, RN, C-EFM, is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing at Carthage. She received her ADN from Gateway Technical College, Kenosha; a BSN from Grand Canyon University, Phoenix; a MSN from Grand Canyon University, Phoenix; and a DNP in Nursing Education from Grand Canyon University, Phoenix.
Julie’s clinical background includes positions in surgical care at Mayo Clinic, Minnesota, and in labor and delivery, women and children’s health in Racine. She has held positions as a surgical assistant, preceptor for new surgical assistants, and, years ago, with the family practice residency program-OB rotation. Julie has also held positions as a staff nurse, charge nurse, and preceptor in labor and delivery, women and children’s health. She’s worked with many nursing students from MSOE, Carrol University, Alverno College, Gateway Technical College, and Marquette University during their intensive clinical rotations.
Holding national certifications in electronic fetal monitoring, advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), basic life support (BLS), and neonatal resuscitation program (NRP), Julie remains on staff in women and children’s and labor and delivery units at a local hospital. She taught an OB/Pediatric course at Carroll University, and worked with the graduate entry masters (GEM) nursing students and also taught clinical rotations in OB at Marquette University. Julie is an active member of American Nurses Association.
Challenge accepted; Maher transitioned to nursing to challenge herself and thrived
Professor Maher is recognized for being one of the top nurses in Racine County (Journal Times, May 12, 2019)
- D.N.P., Nursing Education — Grand Canyon University, Phoenix
- M.S.N., President’s List Honors — Grand Canyon University-Arizona
- B.S.N., President’s List Honors — Grand Canyon University-Arizona
- A.D.N. — Gateway Technical College-Wisconsin
- Associates Degree in Surgical Technology — Triton College-Illinois
- NSG 3014C—Nursing Practice II: Improving Children’s Health Outcomes (Fall 2017)
- Prepare Didactic and Clinical Portions of NSG 3022/3022C
- Nursing Practice IV: Improving Maternal and Newborn Outcomes (Fall 2017)
- Prepare NSG 1050: Contemporary Professional Nursing (Fall 2017)
- NSG 1050: Contemporary Professional Nursing (J-Term 2018)
- Didactic Sections of NSG 3022—Nursing Practice IV: Improving Maternal and Newborn Outcomes
Presidents List Honors: Grand Canyon University—MSN and BSN Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society Invitation