- Assistant Professor of Exercise and Sport Science
Dan Ruffner, MS, ATC, has been certified and licensed athletic trainer since August 1992. He received his bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, and a master’s degree in athletic training at Illinois State University. Prior to working at Carthage, he was the head athletic trainer at Bloomington High School for two years and one year in Outpatient Physical Therapy at Mercy Medical Center in Oshkosh, Wis.
At Carthage, he teaches Structural Kinesiology, Clinical Skills II, Therapeutic Rehabilitation, Applied Principles of Strength Training, and Practicum IV. He says that he enjoys the diversity here at the College. He likes that the athletes are motivated to return to play after an injury.
- M.A. — Athletic Training, Illinois State University
- B.S. — Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
- EXS 2300 Applied Principles of Strength Training
- ATH 2080 Structural Kinesiology
- ATH 3033 Therapeutic Rehabilitation I
- ATH 3070 Clinical Skills II in Athletic Training
- ATH 4400 Athletic Training Practicum IV