Additional General Rules for the GA and COPUOS:
- Caucuses should be no longer than 15 minutes. This can be extended upon request and at the chair’s discretion.
- No unmoderated caucuses for the first hour of the conference. After that, they are at the chair’s discretion. We want to encourage students to get up and speak and answer questions (speaker’s list).
- A working paper must have at least 25% of the committee as signatories in order to be reviewed and eventually printed by the dais.
- We allow for a maximum of four minutes for speaking time. There are no guaranteed questions - we go solely on time. Once a delegate is done speaking, they can either yield their time to the chair or to questions.
- No amendments can be made to resolutions on the floor. All amendments must be made prior to voting.
- No pre-written resolutions are permitted at the conference.
- No texting during the conference. Students caught using their phones will be asked to put them away. If texting is a recurring problem the chair may “hold” the phone for the student for the remainder of the conference or the student will be asked to leave the room.