Design is a creative approach to solving complex problems. Business executives find design increasingly valuable, yet the strategies can be applied to just about any field.
Our Business Design and Innovation (BDI) sequence is modeled on award-winning programs at universities such as Gothenburg (Sweden), Aix-Marseille (France), North Carolina State, and Case Western Reserve (Cleveland). Learn from expert faculty and visiting scholars who bring years of professional experience.
Business Design and Innovation Track
BDI prepares graduates to:
- Lead and manage high-performing cross-functional teams.
- Design innovative solutions.
- Develop effective strategies and programs for private, nonprofit, and government sectors.
Earn your master’s degree in 10 months
Carthage’s BDI program is delivered cohort-style, and allows students to earn their master’s degree in just 10 months:
- August-December: 6 foundational courses
- August-May: 8 intensive weekend courses
- January: Experiential Learning
- February-April: 5 Business Design and Innovation courses
- May: Capstone Project
Weekday classes are held from 6 to 9 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays both in-person and virtually to offer flexibility around work and family life.
Over these 10 months, students participate in eight intensive weekend courses. These weekend courses will feature visiting scholars and guest lecturers including Carthage faculty and other prominent local, regional, national, and international experts across sectors and industries engaged in design, innovation, and sustainability work and research.
Before candidates may be considered for admission, they must submit:
- An application, personal statement, and application fee
- Official transcripts of all college work
- An up-to-date resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE or GMAT test scores (not required)
- Interview with the Program Director
To learn more about BDI, including financial aid options available to you, contact: