The Sports Management track in Carthage’s growing Master of Science in Business program teaches students effective management strategies through the lens of sports.
Unlike sports management programs at other institutions, Carthage’s program was developed with insights from experts in the field. Input from more than 20 senior executives in professional basketball, hockey, baseball, and esports shaped the curriculum, ensuring that graduates’ skills will align with hiring preferences.
Courses in the Sports Management track are tailored to the unique world of sports, while the program’s core courses give students a firm grasp of core business principles like emotional intelligence and cross-functional team management.
“We pulled together the best courses for skills needed in the sports industry.”
Craig Leipold, Owner and Governor of the Minnesota Wild
Sports Management prepares graduates to:
- Use effective management strategies.
- Develop skills that top industry leaders suggest to align with hiring preferences.
- Grasp core business principles like emotional intelligence and cross-functional team management.
Earn your master’s degree in 10 months
Carthage’s Sports Management track is delivered cohort-style, and allows students to earn their master’s degree in just 10 months:
- August-December: 6 foundational courses
- August-May: 8 intensive weekend courses
- January: Experiential Learning
- February-April: 5 Sports Management courses
- May: Capstone Project
Over these 10 months, students participate in eight intensive weekend courses. These weekend courses will feature visiting scholars and guest lecturers including Carthage faculty and other prominent local, regional, national, and international experts.
How to Apply
Before candidates may be considered for admission, they must submit:
- An application, personal statement, and application fee
- Official transcripts of all college work
- An up-to-date resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE or GMAT test scores (recommended, but not required)
- Interview with the Program Director
To learn more about the Master of Science in Business, Sports Management Track, including financial aid options available to you, contact: