The Sports Management Advisory Council provides leadership and guidance for Carthage undergraduate and graduate programs in sports management.
Members attend regular meetings; make recommendations on aspects of the program and its curriculum; teach classes and/or make presentations; connect Carthage and our students to industry partners; provide experiential learning opportunities for students such as internships; promote Carthage’s programs within their networks; and provide financial assistance including scholarships.
Members of the Advisory Council
- Craig Leipold P’18; owner, Minnesota Wild (chair)
- Daniel Diaz ’11; Director of World Cup, Olympic, & Cross-Platform Partnerships, NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- Peter Feigin; President, Milwaukee Bucks and Fiserv Forum
- Doug Gole ’92; former General Manager, Kenosha Kingfish
- Jason Langwell ’96; Executive Vice President, Intersport (Rocket Mortgage Classic)
- Matt Majka; President, Minnesota Wild
- John McDonough P’05 P’07; former president, Chicago Blackhawks and Chicago Cubs
- Jim Oboikowitch ’02; Assistant Director, Clubhouse Relations & Influencer Marketing, Chicago Cubs
- Mark Pacchini; Board of Directors, Minnesota Wild
- Steve Rucks ’07; Senior Director of Accounting and Finance, United Center
NOTE: The “P” next to a name indicates the member is the parent of a Carthage student from that class year.