Carthage music ensembles regularly tour internationally, nationally and regionally. The Wind Orchestra is the primary touring ensemble in the instrumental area.
In recent years the Wind Orchestra has toured the Midwest, mid-east and southeastern United States, with four trips to Japan. The Wind Orchestra is scheduled to return to Japan in January 2017.
Wind Orchestra tours specialize in developing historical presentations, such as the 2014 program for a 28-piece “military band” of the early 20th century, or silent film theatre orchestra settings for classics like “Metropolis” or “The General.”
The 2018 Spring Tour will feature performances of “The General”:
- March 1 - Kenosha, WI, 7:30 p.m. - A. F. Siebert Chapel
- March 2 - Mineral Point, WI, 7:30 p.m. - Mineral Point Opera House
- March 3 - Decorah, IA, 7:30 p.m. - Steyer Opera House
- March 4 - Cresco, IA, 3 p.m. - Cresco Opera House
- March 5 - Dubuque, IA, 7:30 p.m. - Grand Opera House
- March 6 - Freeport IL, 7:30 p.m. - Freeport Masonic Temple