Carthage music ensembles regularly tour internationally, nationally and regionally. The Wind Orchestra is the primary touring ensemble in the instrumental area.
In recent years the Wind Orchestra has toured the Midwest, mid-east and southeastern United States, with five trips to Japan. The Wind Orchestra is scheduled to return to Japan in January 2020.
Wind Orchestra tours specialize in developing historical presentations, such as the 2014 program for a 28-piece “military band” of the early 20th century, or silent film theatre orchestra settings for classics like “Metropolis” or “The General.”
The 2018 Fall Tour will feature performances of Elmer Bernstein’s “Toccata for Toy Trains”, and two short silent movies by Georges Méliès:
- Oct. 25 - 7:30 p.m.: Holmen, Wis., Holmen Lutheran Church
- Oct. 26 - 7 p.m.: Austin, Minn., Austin High School,
- Oct. 27 - 7:30 p.m.: Sioux Falls, S.D., First Lutheran Church,
- Oct. 28 - 3 p.m.: Crete, Neb., Doane University
- Oct. 29 - 8:30 a.m.: Mason City, Iowa, Mason City High School
- Oct. 29 - 12:30 p.m.: Rockford, Iowa, Rockford High School