The Music Department offers private and class instruction in applied music to music majors and minors, and within limitations of staff, to non-music majors.
Music majors must take their applied music lessons within the Music Department unless the department approves an exception. Outstanding students, normally music majors completing an emphasis in performance, may elect two private lessons per week in one applied area.
Areas in Applied Music:
- MUS 0160 Keyboard Skills I (1 credit)
- MUS 0170 Keyboard Skills II (1 credit)
- MUS 0180 Keyboard Skills III (1 credit)
- MUS 0190 Keyboard Skills IV (1 credit)
- MUS 0200 Class Voice (1 credit)
- MUS 0210 Class Guitar (1 credit)
Private Lessons (may be repeated)
- MUS 0150 Private Piano (1 credit)
- MUS 0250 Private Voice (1 credit)
- MUS 0450 Private Organ (1 credit)
- MUS 0550 Private Instrument (1 credit)
- MUS 0650 Private Conducting (1 credit)
Four private applied lessons in a single area, or one class lesson and three private applied lessons in a single area may count as a course for the fine arts distribution requirement.