In addition to the core music major, the following courses are required of students pursuing an emphasis in music composition (16 credits):
- MUS 0550 Composition Lessons (6 credits) (1 cr. course, 6 terms)
- MUS 1800 Introduction to Music Technology (2 credits)
- MUS 1900 Electronic Music (4 credits)
- MUS 3010 Seminar in Form and Analysis (2 credits)
- MUS 3120 Orchestration (2 credits)
Current students: You should follow the official College Catalog from the year you entered Carthage and work with your advisors and the department chair to ensure all requirements are met.