A minor in music at Carthage consists of the following courses (20 credits):
- MUS 1010 Music Theory I (3 credits)
- MUS 1020 Aural Skills I (1 credit)
- MUS 1030 Music Theory II (3 credits)
- MUS 1040 Aural Skills II (1 credit)
- MUS 0700 Recital Attendance (0 credits, 4 terms)
- MUS 2110 Introduction to Western Music History (4 credits)
- MUS 3050 Music History I (4 credits)
- MUS 3060 Music History II (4 credits)
Applied music lessons in the principal performance area (4 credits, 1 credit each term)
Ensemble participation (0 credits, 4 terms)
Music minors are placed in an approved ensemble in their principal performing area.
Current students: You should follow the official College Catalog from the year you entered Carthage and work with your advisors and the department chair to ensure all requirements are met.