Students who complete the neuroscience major at Carthage have a wide range of career opportunities. Many neuroscience students go on to medical, veterinarian, or dental schools, or complete graduate degrees in science fields.
Students who do not opt for additional schooling may pursue careers as professional research assistants, research analysts, or laboratory technicians in academic laboratories, biotech industries, and medical/insurance fields.
Where do Carthage Neuroscience alumni work?
Ph.D. Level Research
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center — Postdoctoral Fellow
- University of Alabama-Birmingham — Research Scientist
- Medical College of Wisconsin — Graduate Fellows
- Womack Army Medical Center — Emergency Room Physician
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Urology — Physician and Assistant Professor
- Henry Ford Hospital — Physician
- Mayo Clinic — Physician Assistant of Epilepsy
- Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers (Milwaukee, Wis.) — Physician Assistant
- Aurora Memorial Hospital of Burlington — Physician Assistant
- Children’s Medical Center, Dallas — Neurosurgery Physician Assistant
- Marquette — Dentistry students
- Creighton University Dental School — Dentistry student
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago — R.N.
- Froedert Hospital — R.N.
- Aurora Medical Center-Grafton — R.N.
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital — R.N.
B.A. Level Research
- Medical College of Wisconsin — Animal Lab Technician
- AbbVie — Scientist
- Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison — Research Scientist
- Medical College of Wisconsin — Neurosurgery Lab Tech
- Medical College of Wisconsin — Neurosurgery Research Technologist
B.A. Level Health Care Positions
- Novant Health — Hyperbaric Technician/Wound Care
- Hennepin County Medical Center — Psychometrist
- Mercy Health System — Autism Technician
- Kenosha Community Health Center — Quality Coordinator
- United Allergy Services — Clinical Allergy Specialist
Other Health professionals
- Mayo Clinic — Physical Therapy Student
- UW-Milwaukee — Occupational Therapy Student
- Medical College of Wisconsin — Pharmacy Student
- UW-Madison — Veterinary Student
- University of Bonn (Germany) — Graduate Fellow
- Mayo Clinic — Surgical Pathology Fellow
What graduate schools do Carthage Neuroscience alumni attend?
- Indiana University
- Mayo Clinic
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- University of Illinois-Chicago
- University of Alabama-Birmingham
- Rosalind Franklin University
- New Jersey School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Loyola University of Chicago
- Midwestern University
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Marquette University
- University of Washington
- Roosevelt University
- Visit The Aspire Center for more information on careers after Carthage
- Find information about selecting graduate programs in neuroscience at the Society for Neuroscience website