As part of NASA’s Systems Engineering Educational Discovery program, students go into area schools to talk about the experiments they conducted aboard NASA’s Weightless Wonder microgravity aircraft. The 2009 Carthage Microgravity Team participated in the following outreach activities:
- McHenry East High School classroom presentation. A team member talked to three classes about opportunities at NASA.
- Jack Hille Middle School classroom presentation. A team member told students about the opportunities at NASA.
- Washington Middle School. A team member shared video footage and demonstrations with a sixth grade classroom.
- Carthage College classroom presentation. A team member gave a 10-minute presentation about the SEED program and how students can become involved.
- Carthage College classroom presentation. A team member gave a 25-minute presentation to her classmates about NASA research.
- Carthage College Semi-Annual Meeting of the Natural Science Division Advisory Board. Three team members described the research done during flight week.
- Carthage College Natural Science Colloquium. Three team members described their experiences during flight week.
- Carthage College Family Fun Night. Three team members will talk to Kenosha families about their experiences with the Reduced Gravity Program.