What’s it like to study political science at Carthage?
Take a look at what these students have to say about majoring in political science at Carthage to learn about the department from their perspective.
Jenna Leazott ’18
- Majors: Political Science, Sociology
- Minors: Women’s and Gender Studies
- Hometown: Elmhurst, Illinois
“Dr. Jeff Roberg encourages and pushes me to follow my dreams unwaveringly. He helps guide and advise me when I don’t know what step to take next. He is genuinely the best instructor I have had.”
Owen Myers ’18
- Majors: Political Science, International Political Economy
- Minors: Economics
- Hometown: Monticello, Illinois
“in March of 2016 while traveling abroad with Model United Nations, we dined on the top of a mountain in central Bogota as the sun set, giving an incredible view of city. After a meal of fine, cheap dining, the bunch of us were gazing across the city as it flickered to night life and I remember being awestruck by the enormity of the opportunity and experiences I have had because of this school.
Dulce Zarinana ’20
- Majors: Political Science
- Minors: Spanish, Women and Gender Studies
- Hometown: Waukegan, Illinois
“Political science has broadened my perspective of world politics. You learn about things you never thought about and use a lot of critical thinking skills which I think is good for the long run. You also have amazing professors who strive to make sure your understanding the material.”