A degree in sociology provides students with a sociological perspective that helps professionals in all fields understand the social factors that affect work and how organizations operate. A degree in sociology can lead students toward successful careers in business, consulting, applied research, survey research, urban planning, health care, teaching, business management, data analysis, and much more.
Many sociology majors at Carthage combine their degree in sociology with a degree in criminal justice, a foreign language, geography and geographic information science, or psychology. Many go on to graduate school.
This list includes careers requiring differing degrees of education and training.
- Social researcher
- Professor of sociology
- Institutional analyst
- Social statistician
- Urban planner
- Data analyst
- Community service agency worker
- Government worker
- Research analyst
- Educational sociologist
- Ethnic relations specialist
- Clinical sociologist
- Human relations consultant
- Family services specialist
Carthage sociology students have gone on to work as life skills coordinators, social workers, program directors, hall directors, youth counselors, crisis counselors, and social researchers.
Where are Carthage sociology majors now?
- Homeward Bound – Life Skills Coordinator
- Youth Outreach – Crisis Counselor
- Manor Care Nursing Home – Social Worker
- City of Silver Lake – Youth Counselor
- Youth Programs – Program Director
- Aurora University – Hall Director
- RSM Development Services – Program Instructor
- Essential Group Inc. – Administrator
- CPI International Inc. – Marketing Administrator
- Kenosha County Human Development – Program Coordinator
- National Opinion Research Centers – Social Survey Research