The College Success Seminar curriculum for transfer and exchange students consists of one class per week for your first four weeks (see your schedule for details), taught by the Director of the Center for Student Success.
College Success Seminar (CSS) is a course designed to help new students adjust to and succeed at Carthage. Through in-class activities, small group discussions, course assignments, and personal reflection, students will explore and discuss various topics related to student success at Carthage. Students will also have opportunities to build connections with campus resources and develop new skills that will assist them in reaching their academic and personal goals.
- Utilize technological tools effectively on campus (i.e. Schoology, Google Suite, my.Carthage.edu)
- Increase awareness of support services available on campus (i.e. Center for Student Success, Writing Center, Tutoring Services, Aspire Center)
- Integrate socially and academically as a part of the Carthage community
You will receive a satisfactory (S) or unsatisfactory (U) grade on your Carthage transcript based upon your performance in the two key areas:
- Class attendance and overall participation
- Completion of a small number of course assignments