Part-time faculty are invited to participate in any programming or services sponsored by the Teaching Commons. The following resources are designed specifically for part-time faculty.
Connecting and Reconnecting Session
The Connecting and Reconnecting session for part-time faculty was initiated in 2012 upon the recommendation of several part-time faculty. The purpose of this session is to share important information about Carthage, the liberal arts tradition, and important resources for students and faculty with part-time faculty who are often on campus only in the evening or on weekends.
Those who attend will learn the following:
- What Carthage’s identity and mission as a liberal arts college means for its faculty, staff, and students.
- How you can help a student with special learning or emotional needs get the support they need to be successful.
- How to use our E-Learning course management system, including recently added tools.
- How to submit an early alert to the Center for Student Success if a student in your class is not being successful, or if you have other concerns.
- How your students can utilize the services of the Writing Center as a resource on all types of written assignments.
- Where to get answers to any questions you might have now, or may have during the semester.
The Part-Time Faculty Orientation Guide contains general information of interest to part-time faculty.
The 2018 Connecting and Reconnecting Session will be held on Monday, Aug. 27 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. in the Saemann Lab (HL 217). To RSVP, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blended Learning Workshop for Adult Undergraduate Studies Instructors
The Teaching Commons collaborates with Library and Information Services on a three-part workshop titled, “Blended Learning Workshop for AUS Instructors.” This workshop is for all part-time faculty teaching in the Adult Undergraduate Studies program and is held several times per year, based on demand. For more information contact the Teaching Commons at email@example.com.
Our next Blended Learning Workshop will be:
- Part 1: Tuesday, Aug. 14; 5-7 p.m.; Teaching Commons - Hedberg 223
- Part 2: Wednesday, Aug. 22, 5-7 p.m.; Teaching Commons - Hedberg 223
- Part 3: Consultation scheduled individually