The Writing Center shares a web-based scheduling program called WCOnline with other Academic Services located in the Hedberg Library. Using this program, clients can log in and schedule Writing Center appointments without having to call or send email requests.
How it works
- Start at the login page: https://carthage.mywconline.com/. Log in using your Carthage username (do NOT include “@carthage.edu”) and password. On your first visit to the site, the system will prompt you to register for an account. After this, you can log in at any time using your Carthage username and password.
- Choose the Brainard Writing Center Schedule from the “CHOOSE A SCHEDULE” drop down menu, then click the “Log In” box.
- Immediately after login, you will see the Writing Center schedule, with tutors’ names on the left side and openings for appointments in white. Click on a white space and fill in your appointment information in the new window. IMPORTANT: Be sure you know your professor’s name and correct email address when you make your appointment, as these fields are required. After completing the appointment information, remember to click on the “Save Appointment Button.”
- Once you have saved your appointment time, you will see a message that your appointment was created successfully (or an error message if it was not created successfully). You will also receive an email confirmation of your appointment immediately after you schedule your appointment, and a reminder email the night before your appointment.
- If you must change/cancel an appointment, please do so as far in advance as possible, as our “no show” policy remains in force. The new system will allow you to cancel your own appointment up to 8 hours before it is scheduled. If you must cancel with less than 8 hours notice, please call 262-551-5755 or email the Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to do so.
Of course, you may still telephone, email, or drop in to request an appointment. However, if you do that, a Writing Fellow will give you these instructions and assist you with the WCOnline registration and scheduling process.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
When you come to your appointment, please bring a copy of your assignment sheet and two copies of your current draft, if applicable. Think about your goals for your Writing Center session: What are the challenges of this paper/assignment for you? What are your goals for this session? Bring all your questions, and plan to spend 45-50 minutes with the tutor.
No-show Policy/Cancelling Appointments through WCOnline
Clients who miss two appointments in a single semester without cancelling will be unable to schedule Writing Center sessions for the remainder of that semester.
WCOnline allows clients to cancel their own appointments online up to 8 hours prior to a scheduled session. Clients may still cancel appointments with less than 8 hours notice; however, they must call 262-551-5755 or email email@example.com to do so.
See you in the Writing Center!