Maggie Wentzell earned her doctorate in neurobiology, honing her skills in the field of intracellular electrophysiology. Specific concentrations included sensorimotor integration and central pattern generators in intact, living nervous systems, and evolutionary transitions in nervous systems that can lead to discernible behavioral changes.
Prof. Wentzell earned a B.S. in biology from Loyola University Chicago, and a Ph.D. in biology from the University of Illinois at Chicago. She joined the Carthage faculty full time in 2017, having taught at Carthage during the 2016-2017 academic year and enjoying the enthusiasm and dedication of the student body.
The Anatomy of Bias
Prof. Wentzell draws from her experience as a woman in science to explore unconscious biases and their biological origins. (Youtube, September 5, 2019)
- Ph.D. in Biology - University of Illinois, Chicago
- B.S. in Biology - Loyola University, Chicago
- BIO 2010: Human Anatomy and Physiology for the Health Professional I
- BIO 2020: Human Anatomy and Physiology for the Health Professional II
- BIO 675Q: Health Care in India: Traditional and Non-Traditional Healing
- BIO 675: Integrative Health and Wellness: Alternative Medicine